January 28, 2014

IAmRoses DT Proj.

Good day everyone! :)

Sharing with you today my IAmRoses DT project which is a family canvas photo frame that i custom made for a friend. I used watercolors mainly on the background and purple acrylic paint on the edges. I'm sorry i wasn't able to film the process how i put things together as i ran out of time but i hope you get the idea just by looking at the photos :)

This is an 8x10 canvas box frame and it has a clear plastic cover to preserve the photo and all the elements inside from bad weather conditions.

Purples and green flowers are from IAmRoses and the leaves are made of fabric.

 I painted the window with a peach watercolor first and then covered it with distress crackle paint (picket fence) to get this worn shabby look.



These are thin metal alpha coins that my friend RAKed me years ago lol! I shaded the alphas with a white gel pen and added tiny flat back pearls on the sides.

These are the beautiful IAmRoses flowers as well.

These are the IAmRoses Tulip and Rose bud.

A closer look on the embossed like gate. I used gel stone medium (sand like texture) here and just heat set it and colored it with a black copic marker then sealed it with FolkArt's water-based varnish.

And here's the top view of the frame.

List of IAmRoses products used on this project:

S10 - Green small flowers
TU1-601 - Purple Tulips
LY1-839 -  Green Lilies
LY1-530 - Tangerine Lilies
R3-601 - Purple flowers
SP1-15 - White Short flower spray
T30-50 - Peach Rose buds

Thanks so much for stopping by...Hugs! Joy


1 comment :

Nancy said...

My goodness, Joy!! How have I missed seeing so many of your posts?? I'm going to catch up right now...starting with the oldest. You might get sick of hearing from me! lol
This is so beautiful! I love the photo in the beautiful window frame. Gorgeous colours! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...