April 29, 2012

Door Hanger

Hi Everyone!! :)

I'm updating my blog at last!! Woot!! LOL! Ok, so here's what i have been working on while i'm MIA. It's Spring and we're enjoying our beautiful weather here so i decided to create something springy nature themed project :) 

I had so much fun making this! Enjoy and i hope you like it! 



The IAmRoses flowers were glimmer misted with my homemade glimmer mist :) love the tiny sparkles on them!


I used modeling paste and Prima's gate mask/stencil for the pattern above. I also glimmer misted it with Tattered Angels's "graphite".


Those tiny gold round foams are called Ifoam and are easy to adhere to any surface...they're sticky but i still   used some glue to adhere them to the base to ensure that it stays. The foam hardens a bit while it dries.


The background pattern is actually a paper napkin that i decoupage onto the wood hanger. I just used a regular gel medium to adhere it to the base.


The orange flower here used to be white but then i glimmer misted with Tattered Angels's "candlelight" then i applied Tulip's puffy dimensional fabric paint on the edges of the flower to give it a nice 3D textured look, you need to heat set the paint to pop up.

I also used Viva Decor Pearl Pen on the edges of the cherry blossoms and the light green rose. 


List of IAmRoses products used on this project:

S10 - small brown flower
S3 - yellow and white Cherry Blossoms
G2 - pale green flower
Special 3 - big orange flower
R3 - brown small Rose
L0-721 - two tone Maple leaves
SP1 - white flower spray 
ST1 - white stamen

Thanks for stopping by...hugs!

1 comment :

Nancy said...

Hello, my sweet friend! I KNEW a post snuck by on me somewhere! lol Thought I better come and find it! I'll track down the video too because I know I saw that come and go! I'm just too slow!
I love your beautiful door hanger! You've taken beautiful photos of it!
Hope all is well with you these days! Take care!...Nancy :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...