December 10, 2011

Altered Frame

Good morning lovelies!

Here's my first IAmRoses project for the month of December! A shabby looking altered frame with a bunch of IAmRoses flowers formed into a Christmas tree :) I'm so proud of my self i was able to create something new and unique i think!

This is an A4 size frame. I used Brenda Walton "Evergreen" shimmer paper collection. The patterned paper is so pretty and it's really a good match to my IAR flower tree! And those cream and white gorgeous laces are yum!!

I used a felt fabric as the base of my flower tree to make it sure that the flowers really sticks and stay picture perfect :) 

I distressed the edges of the frame with antique linen and broken china distress ink pad. I also made those tiny dots on the border using the Viva Pearl Pen "gold", love this product!

All the beautiful IAmRoses flowers are glimmer misted except for the purple rose bud up there that i forgot to spray on with my homemade glimmer mist...

The white lace didn't come with the pearls on it, i glued the flat back pearls with E6000.

 I also added random gems to fill in the gap/space between the flowers so there's actually a bunch of hidden treasure behind those gorgeous flowers! :)
I found these faded gold-ish looking book corners at my local craft store which i thought is so perfect as an add-on piece to this proj. And that pretty multicolored rhinestone trim added a vintage like feel to the entire frame. I have this on my boutique, check it out HERE!

I first painted the frame with gesso and let it try for a few mins. And to achieve that rough white textured background, i dab just the end of the stencil brush into the modelling paste and started tapping the brush onto my frame. I did this technique twice as i want it thick and really covers the border of the frame. And to dry it fast, i used my hair blower lol! set to cold and voila! the modelling paste is completely dry :)

NOTE: if you use a heat gun to dry the modelling paste, you get a bubble effect instead.

 The sentiment on the banner was heat embossed then did fuzzy cut around it. You can also see those fancy fiber stuffing i scattered around the flowers. I have it for years and and never got the chance to play with it lol!

The beaded cross like pearl sitting on top of that crochet flower is handmade by yours truly :)


Here's a close-up look of this gorgeous huge sparkling red gardenia. I love my homemade glimmer mist! Gives me that shimmering goodness on my flowers :)

Thanks for stopping by...take care!

1 comment :

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous framed Christmas tree you have created Joy!! It's simply GORGEOUS!! All your stunning and special details...your hidden treasures! I think I say the same thing every time I visit your blog, don't I? lol It's beautiful, my friend! Absolutely beautiful! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...